Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp Application
The Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp is a six-month structured bootcamp geared toward young social entrepreneurs across southern Africa. Bootcamp participants will gain the skills, tools and capital needed to launch a successful social enterprise. They’ll also have access to local and international experts, mentors and networks.
Who can apply for the Social Entrepreneurship Bootcamp?
This boot camp is open to individuals who:
- Are citizens and residents of Namibia, Zambia or Zimbabwe;
- Are 25-35 years of age and;
- Have not participated in the U.S. exchange program such as the Mandela Washington Fellowship in the last five years.
What qualities should a successful bootcamp applicant embody?
While each applicant is unique, successful candidates will be those who can demonstrate:
- An unwavering commitment to a social issue;
- An ability to solve problems creatively and independently; and
- A positive track record of leadership.
What are bootcamp participants expected to do?
If you are selected to participate in the bootcamp, we expect that you will:
- Attend all workshops;
- Complete all assignments in a timely fashion;
- Read the provided course or training materials;
- Participate in peer reviews; and
- Commit to sustaining your project after the bootcamp ends.
If you meet the above criteria, please click “Submit response” to begin the application process. You have untilmidnight on January 31, 2015 to submit your application. You may return to this website at any time to edit your application. You cannot, however, edit your application after you’ve submitted it.
For more information, please click here.