The first coronavirus case on the African continent was confirmed by Egypt’s Health Ministry, Friday. The affected person is a foreigner who had been put into isolation at a hospital, it said in a statement.
It added that it had immediately informed the World Health Organization and had taken all necessary preventative measures.
Everyone who had come into contact with the person will be quarantined in their homes for 14 days, Dr. Khaled Mujahid, from Egypt’s Ministry of Health, said in the statement. The building where the person was staying had been “sterilized,” he said.
The health ministry did not give the nationality of the affected person or any other details.
Source: NBC News