WhatsApp announced via its blog that it has launched WhatsApp Business, a free-to-download Android App targeted at small businesses who will be able to include business profiles and messaging tools among other features.
The instant messaging company revealed last week that the application is already available free to download on Google Play in Indonesia, Italy, Mexico, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
The app is being rolled out around the world with high expectations that it will hit Zimbabwe and the rest of Africa by next week.
“The new app will make it easier for companies to connect with customers, and more convenient for our 1.3 billion users to chat with businesses that matter to them”. – a communique read from the Whatsapp blog.
What’s Are The New Features?
- Business Profiles: Help customers with useful information such as a business description, email or store addresses, and website.
- Messaging Tools: Save time with smart messaging tools — quick replies that provide fast answers to frequently asked questions, greeting messages that introduce customers to your business, and away messages that let them know you’re busy.
- Messaging Statistics: Review simple metrics like the number of messages read to see what’s working.
- WhatsApp Web: Send and receive messages with WhatsApp Business on your desktop.
- Account Type: People will know that they’re talking to a business because you will be listed as a Business Account. Over time, some businesses will have Confirmed Accounts once it’s been confirmed that the account phone number matches the business phone number.
People can continue using WhatsApp as usual and there’s no need to download anything new. And people will continue to have full control over the messages they receive, with the ability to block any number, including businesses, as well as report spam.
Over 80% of small businesses in India and Brazil say WhatsApp helps them both communicate with customers and grow their business today (Source: Morning Consult study). And WhatsApp Business will make it easier for people to connect with them, and vice versa, in a fast and simple way.