South African top Disc Jockey and Producer, Mkhululi Siqula whose stage name is Heavy K will this weekend perform two shows in Harare and Kwekwe.
Heavy K who produced hits such as Beautiful War feat Professor, Easy to love feat Bucie, Sweetie feat Nokwazi and Umoya to mention just a few will perform live on Friday 11th of August 2017 at Pabloz Club & VIP before proceeding to Kwekwe on Saturday 12th of August 2017 for a date with music fans at Solomon’s Cafe.
Heavy-K hails from the dusty under privileged location called Veeplaas that is situated in Nelson Mandela Bay formerly known as Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape region.
A few facts about the Drum Boss Heavy K
- He was born Mkhululi Siqula
- Heavy K is from Veeplaas in Port Elizabeth
- He’s signed to Kalawa Jazmee
- Heavy K is a self-taught music composer, songwriter, producer, DJ and performer
- Heavy K wrote the SAMA-winning song Lento by Professor ft Speedy when he was in his mid-teens
- He initially wanted to be a scientist
- He would like to study Information Technology and believes that education is important
- Heavy-K was one of the beneficiaries of the Oskido I Believe programme which gives youngsters training in producing and deejaying
- Internationally, he has worked with Claude Monnet, Torre, Cabo Snoop and Martin East
- He’s performed in Canada and the United Kingdom
- At a very tender age he has managed to compose music for national and International artists for his crew and also under his own name Heavy K.